Contact and Access
|Address||2145-2, Narita-cho, Oarai-machi, Higashiibaraki-gun, Ibaraki|
|Phone (office)||029-267-3181 (+81-29-267-3181)|
|Fax (office):||029-267-4947 (+81-29-267-4947)|
Admission must be made via the South or North Gate of the JAEA, Oarai (the presentation of identification required).
The Center is open from 8:30 to 17:30. Experiments are conducted from 9:00 to 17:00.
For use of the facilities outside these times, prior application is required. Refer to page 9 of Guidance for Joint Research.
- 15 minutes from the Mito Oarai Interchange of the Kita-Kanto Expressway
- 50 minutes from the Mito Interchange of the Joban Expressway
- 80 minutes from the Itako Interchange of the Higashi-Kanto Expressway
By train (JR Joban Line)
- At Mito Station, change to the Kashima Rinkai Railway and get off at Oarai Station. Ten minutes from there by taxi.
(To the lodging facility, five minutes by taxi and fifteen minutes’ walk)
By highway express bus from Narita International Airport or Tokyo International Airport (known as Haneda Airport)
- Get off at the Mito Oarai Interchange bus stop. Fifteen minutes from there by taxi.
(Approx. two hours from the airport to the bus stop)
By plane (Ibaraki Airport)
- Travel to Mito Station from the airport by bus
At Mito Station, change to the Kashima Rinkai Railway and get off at Oarai Station. Ten minutes from there by taxi.